To get copies of your clearances that you've already requested:
PA Child Abuse: Log into your account to retrieve a copy
PA Criminal Check: Use your Control # to log in for up to one year; after that you must resubmit an application (and pay). Call 888-783-7972 for questions.
FBI Clearances: Must call 877-371-5422, provide confidential information for verification, and they'll send you a copy free of charge.
Helpful hints for the FBI background check:
- Review the step by step pdf document above
- For the FBI fingerprint check, you must first register online and pay the fee. You'll receive an email with the registration confirmation number.
- Locate a nearby fingerprint location (listed on their website) and take that confirmation email with you.
- They will do the fingerprint scans there (takes 5 minutes) and you will receive the results in 2-3 weeks.
- Minors (ages 14-17) are now exempt from the FBI check if they have been a resident of Pennsylvania for the previous 10 years. But they still must complete the 2 State Clearances and a Disclosure Form.