Policy

Pennsylvania Child Protection Laws & Clearances apply to Referees too

By

on

As of July 1, 2015, all paid employees age 14 and older working in the state of Pennsylvania, that interact directly with children, are required to get background clearances.  This must be done before the first night of an Entry Level Class, and for anyone transferring to Eastern Pennsylvania from another State Association.

6 Comments

1. Nancy

August 19, 2019 at 4:31 pm

Is the a link to the child clearances? I don’t see it anywhere.

• Office

August 20, 2019 at 8:55 am

Hi Nancy, visit the website page under the Referee tab > Background Clearances/SafeSport
      All of the clearance information is there with links to the appropriate websites.

Joanne Neal
      Office Manager

2. Paul R Pickup

February 24, 2020 at 4:58 pm

I have not gotten my clearances file for ussoccer. They send me to a web page that has them, ncsisafe. I can’t get in without a password. Can you send me the password. I’ve been cleared since early January and am still waiting for my badge.

• SYRA, Jeff Tener

March 4, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Hi – we do not manage the background checks other than having to validate them. We cannot reset your password on their systems. Sorry

3. Ricardo J. Nunez

March 13, 2020 at 8:36 am

My son and I had our clearances done on December 19, 2015. Since they are good till December 2020, do we have to re-do them for this coming season. I am scheduled for the March 21, 2020 class, and my son has a college exemption for the class. I figured were okay, but wanted to check because when we were renewing it wasn’t clear.

Could you please let us know.

Ricardo J. Nunez

• SYRA, Jeff Tener

March 16, 2020 at 3:49 pm

Yes, unless they expire on Dec 31, 2020, you will need to get them redone. Since the badge is good from Jan1-Dec31, your background checks need to cover that ENTIRE period.